Thursday, February 27, 2014

Project Pan 2014 Update #2

Another month has gone by and it's time for another project pan update. I'm at the half-way point now. February was really productive project pan wise and I feel like I made some progress on most of the products. I've been pretty successful at using all these products every time I wear makeup or at least some of them when I don't wear a full face out.

Anyway, you can check out my original project pan post and update #1. For quick reference and for those that haven't seen the previous posts, here is the list:
  1. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foudation
  2. Revlon Photoready Concealer
  3. Benefit Watt's Up
  4. Jabot Neverending Cream Blush in Natural Flush Light
  5. Blackheart Beauty Eye Primer
  6. Bare Minerals Bisque Powder
  7. Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
  8. Benefit Posie Tint
  9. Benefit Eye Bright
  10. Too Faced Primed and Poreless
I'm also going to include alternate products for the ones that I finished or feel that I will finish before the next update. The alternate products will be ones that serve the same purpose as the ones I finished up. I don't necessarily have to finish these products, but I do want to make a dent in them. Here's what I have so far:
  1. e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder 
  2. Maybelline Color Whisper in Mad For Magenta 
  3. Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper Eyelid Primer
  4. e.l.f. Cover Everything Concealer
As for the no-buy, I failed big time. I'm beginning to think a no-buy isn't a good option for me. Maybe I should just limit my spending instead.

Project Pan Products

Too Faced Primed & Poreless
You can't really see progress on this, but I'm at the top of the word Poreless. I don't love it and don't think it works as well as the porefessional, but it's not terrible.

 Jabot Neverending Cream Blush in Natural Flush Light
I feel like this product will never die. If there is one thing left at the end of this Project Pan, it will be this blush. I almost want to get rid of it at the end, but it was not cheap so I probably will continue with it even after.

 Benefit Watt's Up
This one is probably also likely to be around at the end of this. I've been trying to use it as an eyeshadow base too just to use it, but it's not really meant for that so it creases on my eyelids.

 Revlon Photoready Concealer
I feel so close on this concealer. I don't really plan on digging out product when it can't be applied from the tube, so I think this one should be done by next update. It needs to be gone... the package is so grubby.

 Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foudation
 I feel like I've made some progress here. I don't use foundation every day, so it's taking longer than it might for others. I'm hoping to finish it soon because I'm getting tired of it.

 Benefit Eye Bright
I did get to sharpen this one a few times. It's hard to tell how much progress was made because of the size of it in the frame, but I'm using the text on the pencil to judge. Last time, it had the numbers in front the of the 'Net'.

Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
Again, it's hard to tell progress on pencils because they just get larger in the frame. For comparison, I put it next to another liner from the same mini set that I haven't sharpened at all. I really don't like this pencil but I'll continue to use it. It could possibly dry up completely or fall out of the pencil because it's wobbly already.


Finished Products
Check out my upcoming empties if you want to know what I thought and if I'd buy them again!

 Bare Minerals Bisque Powder
I worked my way through this product pretty quickly in the last month. I took the sifter out and used it a couple times all over my face when I didn't want to put on other stuff and that really knocked out a lot of it.

 Blackheart Beauty Eye Primer
This product went a lot quicker than I thought it would. I guess that's because it's really thin. There's some product stuck on the side but I got most of it out.

Benefit Posie Tint
It's become impossible to get out enough product to use. I've been keeping it upside down and tapping it to get as much as I can out of it. Posie Tint seems thicker than other tints so there may be some in the bottom but it's too much work to try to get it out.


Alternates

 e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
This product is replacing the Bare Minerals Bisque Powder, which I used as an undereye setting powder. I'm not sure about this because, unlike the picture on the website and my own picture here, it's not a matte white but a pinky-white with pinkish sparkles. I'm giving it a shot but it may end up getting tossed if I decide the sparkle makes my undereyes look older.

Maybelline Color Whisper in Mad For Magenta
I picked this one to take the Benefit Posie Tint's place. I picked up because, despite the fact that I've only used this a few times, it doesn't look like there's much product in it.

 Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper Eyelid Primer
This eye primer is taking the place of the Blackheart Beauty primer. I bought the Lime Crime eye primer some time ago and I've never really used it. They've since reformulated it and put in in a squeezy tube, which I like more and that's probably why I never really used it. As you can see, it's pulled away from the edges but it's not dried out yet. I want to get some use out of it before it does because it's not cheap.

e.l.f. Cover Everything Concealer
Maybe I'm being optimistic about finishing my Revlon Photoready concealer before the end of next month, but it's so close that I'm adding in another one. I only have two other concealers, including this one, and I hope I can make a good dent in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...