Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Project Pan 2014 Update #1

I've been doing my project pan for a few days short of a month so I thought it was time for an update. My original post is here, but I'll just recap the products really quickly.
  1. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foudation
  2. Revlon Photoready Concealer
  3. Benefit Watt's Up
  4. Jabot Neverending Cream Blush in Natural Flush Light
  5. Blackheart Beauty Eye Primer
  6. Bare Minerals Bisque Powder
  7. Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
  8. Benefit Posie Tint
  9. Benefit Eye Bright
  10. Benefit The PoreFessional  
I have decided to put a time limit on this project pan. I wasn't going to originally but, because all of these are everyday products, I don't want to be stuck with the same stuff forever... so I'm going to go through the end of April. I hope I can be done sooner, but I don't wear makeup every day.

I did fail a little. I bought a new Wet n Wild palette that I had been looking for since before Christmas. I will start anew with the no-buy thing, though.

First up is the product that I can't show progress on. I still have no idea how much is left of my little Benefit Posie Tint because, unlike most of these Benefit sample sizes, it's an opaque bottle. I do have to turn it upside down to get the brush covered, though, so I'm hoping it's near the end.


Next is The PoreFessional by Benefit. I did use this all through January and I kept getting breakouts after I used it. It's really old, probably about 3 years old. I've decided that I just can't use it so I'm getting rid of it. Never fear... I am replacing it with a Too Faced Primed and Poreless deluxe sample. It's about the same amount of product as what I had left in The PoreFessional.


Moving on to the next product- the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation. At first, I had a lot of problems with this caking up in places but I started using the Sigma F88 Flat Angled Kabuki and it's worked a lot better. This is also the only product that I feel like I've made some progress on. I stuck a brush handle in it to show how deep it is.


The rest of the products feel like they haven't made any progress. I'm hoping I'll wake up one day and they'll magically be a lot smaller. At this point, though, they look pretty much the same as when I started.

 Jabot Neverending Cream Blush in Natural Flush Light
I don't really have a lot to say about this blush. I've been using it for a long time and it's okay. It's very light so I can put a powder blush on top if I want, which I like.

 Benefit Watt's Up
I like this okay. I doesn't take a lot of product, which I find to be true with most Benefit products, so I'm glad it's just a mini size. I hate to think of trying to use up the full sized Benefit products I have.

 Revlon Photoready Concealer
I don't like this concealer as much as I used to. It slides around on my face some and doesn't cover as well as others. It's not got a lot left, but it doesn't seem to have reduced in size since the beginning of the month.

 Blackheart Beauty Eye Primer
I like this primer well enough. I've been using it every time I wear eye products, including cream shadows that don't necessarily need a primer. I feel like I'm so close here.

 Benefit Eye Bright
This is actually my favorite eye brightening product. I've only had to sharpen it once, though it does look like it's due for another one. I usually just use it under my eyes over my concealer, but I have started using it in other places that I can highlight.

 Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
I don't really like this liner. In order to use it, I've been putting it on my waterline as well as my upper lashline. It doesn't stay in the waterline. More than that, it slides down under my eyes. I'm going to try to set it with a black shadow and see if that helps.

Bare Minerals Bisque Powder
I feel like this powder will never die. I've been using it to set my undereye concealer and it requires so little. I've started using it to set the concealer on more problematic places on my face, too. I'm even debating on use it all over my face just to rush through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...