Thursday, January 30, 2014

Empties for December/January

Up till now, I've been able to do an empties post every month. In December, though, I only had two or three products and I just didn't feel like it was enough to warrant a post. I have quite a few empty products now, along with some things that I'm just getting rid of, so I there's plenty to talk about.

  • Johnson's Softlotion Extra Care Healing Lotion - I've had this lotion for years. It always got put on the back burner for other things and I was never very good at using lotion anyway. It's not 100% done but it's only got a little left in the bottom so I'm getting rid of it.  Would I Buy It Again? I have some lotion to go through still but I'm not necessarily opposed to getting this again if it's still around.
  • Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque - I like masks- the easier to use the better. The peel off kind is really easy. I also get the same satisfaction as when I was little and would put Elmer's Glue on my hand and peel it off when it dried. I can't say it really did much, but I enjoyed it just the same. Would I Buy It Again? I have quite a few masks to go through still but I may get it again one day.

  • Assured Cotton Rounds - I usually have one of these in each empties post. They are just the cheap ones from Dollar Tree. Would I Buy It Again? Cotton rounds are one of those things that I'm not so picky about. I can't see paying more for them, so I'll continue to get these.
  • Simple Cleansing Wipes - I've bought these over and over. They don't irritate my eyes like a lot of wipes. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I may venture out and try something new, but I'll definitely get these again.
  • Simple Exfoliating Wipes - I forgot I had these and they ended up drying out with only half the pack used up. I never used them on my eyes but I did use them on my face when I felt like my skin needed just a little texture but not a full on exfoliating. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not unless they were on sale.
  • Heritage Store Rose Petals Rosewater - I used this for toner. One of my favorite toners in the Eau Roma toner from Lush but it's so expensive and I have to order it online. I picked this up at the health food grocery store instead. It smells heavily of roses but once I got past that, it was fine. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. Now that I'm used to the smell, it's good.

  • Bath and Body Works White Citrus Body Butter - I've barely used this but I'm getting rid of it. I've had it a long time and I just don't like it. Would I Buy It Again? No. I'm not a fan of Bath and Body Works lotion in any form. I just don't like scented lotion like this.
  • Burt's Bees Body Butter - This has been sitting around for a long time. I've never used it but I'm afraid it might be bad now. And, while I like extra moisturizing lotion, I don't like the thickness of body butters. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Avon Anew Clinical Thermafirm Face Lifting Cream - I keep trying Avon skin care because I find one I like once in a while. This was not one of them. I used it a little but it's been around for a while and it's expired. Would I Buy It Again? No. I didn't think it did anything for me.
  • Avon Anew Rejuvenate Day and Night Cream - I got these two little sample creams a while ago. They aren't bad, I guess, but I like so many others better than these. They have expired so I'm throwing them out. Would I Buy It Again? No. I wouldn't turn it away if someone gave it to me, but I wouldn't buy them.
  • Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Gel - I've had this a long time and it expired a while ago. I figured it was time to get rid of it. Would I Buy It Again? Possibly. I truthfully think that these kind of things only work so well on certain kinds of pimples and there are some that nothing can do anything about. I'm sure I'll buy something in the future and I wouldn't steer clear of it.
  • Clean & Clear Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste - I think this did a good job for what it was supposed to do. The only thing I didn't like was that it was a white paste so I could only use it at night. It eventually expired, but I did use most of it. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe. I've got others now, but this one wasn't bad.
  • Mario Badescu Drying Lotion - As you can see, this still has product in it. I didn't use it often because it only worked for me when I could feel a pimple just coming up. Once it was there, it didn't do much. Last time I opened it, there was stuff inside the cap. I figured it was probably something I shouldn't continue using. Would I Buy It Again? No. It was kind of expensive for what it was.

  • Purr Shower Gel - I got this as part of a Katy Perry Purr gift set from Kohl's. I liked the smell but it wasn't the best shower gel. Would I Buy It Again? No. It wasn't the best body wash.
  • Bath and Body Works White Citrus Body Spray - This is one of my favorite scents from B&BW and I really like their body sprays. This took me forever to use, though, and I'm kind of tired of it now. Would I Buy It Again? One day. I have another one of this scent in my cabinet, but I need a break from it for a while. I like it, but I won't buy it for a long time.
  • Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle - I picked this one up because it was so cheap. I like the smell and it lingered for a while in my hair. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I already picked up more and I'll probably continue to get it when I don't want to spend much. While I prefer the Macadamia one, this one costs a lot less.

  • Roc Deep Wrinkle Serum - I tried to use this one up, but I just don't like it. I felt kind of thick and I didn't like the smell. It's finally past the expiration date so I'm tossing it. Would I Buy It Again? No. I didn't like it.
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - I got this in a gift with purchase bag. I didn't notice that it actually did anything for me. Would I Buy It Again? No. The full size is around $60-$65. If I'm going to buy something that expensive, I want it to actually feel like it's doing something.
  • Glamglow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask - I bought the .5oz size of this to try it out. I liked it okay, though I didn't feel any tingling. It started to dry out so I did have to add some water to it near the end. I didn't like it as much as I like the white Glamglow. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe. I don't think I'll ever buy the full size for $69, but I'd consider the small size for $19.
  • Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Argan Oil - The sales girl at Ulta gave me a couple of these sample sizes. I did like it. It made my hair feel soft right away. I did find that it didn't help my hair remain tangle-free like the Macadamia hair oil. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe. It's not as expensive as the Macadamia oil. I do have another sample of it, as well as couple other hair things, so it'll be a while before I need something new.
  • Montagne Jeunesse Aloe Vera Face Spa Sheet Mask - I like this mask. It's a rather big mask, but I'd rather have one that's too large than too small. It feels good but I don't really think it does anything major for my skin. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I like to pick up a few of these when I go to Ulta. I did order a sample pack of Tony Moly sheet masks, so it'll be a while before I need to get more.
  • Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Face Spa Sheet Mask - Like all the sheet masks I've tried by this brand, I liked this one. The smell wasn't the best, but it wasn't so horrible. Would I Buy It Again? Sure. I pick up random ones when I go to Ulta so if this one is there I'd get it.

  • Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten - I love this color. I did make a big dent in this, but it eventually dried out. I tried to revive it but no amount of microwaving would make it useable again. Would I Buy It Again? Not any time soon. At the moment, I have so many cream shadows and bases that I can't see getting another one. I do have the eyeshadow Kitten, though.
  • e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Black - I'm not actually sure when I got this. I don't remember buying it. I never used it and now it's dried out. It shrunk up to less than half the size of the container and is as solid as a rock. I didn't try to revive it at all. It's cheap so I'm just going to get rid of it. Would I Buy It Again? No. I have a few more expensive ones that I have to use up before they dry up. I just don't use gel or cream liner enough to think I'll want to buy this at a later date.
  • Glitter and Metallic liners from Blackheart, Nyx, NYC and some random brand - I don't even know why I have these. I don't like glitter liners or metallic liners. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara - I used this for a while- probably longer than I should have. It's not empty or even dry, but it's been open for almost a year so I figured I should get rid of it. It took a lot to get it off, but it was a nice mascara. Would I Buy It Again? I liked it, but it is $19. I might consider it if there is a mini.
  • Wet n Wild Mega Length Mascara - I've used several of these mini sizes and I continue to like it. They don't last long, though, before they start to dry out and flake. Even in these small ones, I've not finished it before it dried out. Would I Buy It Again? Probably. While it doesn't last long, it's also pretty cheap. I still have quite a few mascaras to make it through, including one more of these, so I don't see myself needing any for quite a while... but I'd consider it when I need more.
  • Claire's Eyeliner - This little thing came in a kit I bought a while ago at Claire's. I never tried it and I have so many black liners that I don't need this one hanging around. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Pop Beauty Line Creator Golden Sparkle Sauce - I bought this a couple years ago on Haute Look. I've never used it at all and I have so many eyeliners already that I don't need to make more. Would I Buy It Again? No. It's a nice idea, but I don't need it.

  • Hello Kitty lip balm - I got this EOS style lip balm at Walgreens quite a while ago. It's cute and all but not terribly moisturizing. I just decided to get rid of it because I'm never going to use it. Would I Buy It Again? No. I'm only going to buy lip balms that work instead of things that are cute in the future.
  • NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny - I used to like this but I realized it's too orange for me. Anytime I wore this when I visited my mom, she'd always tell me I had something on my face. I made a dent in this but didn't even hit pan... however I'm going to let it go. Would I Buy It Again? No. It's not a good color for me.
  • Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder in Light - I hate this stuff. It kicks up product if I use a brush. The sponge is crappy. It doesn't look good on and the last few time I even opened it there was a weird smell. I barely used this, but I just can't anymore. Would I Buy It Again? No. This was just terrible. I actually kind of like the Coverall foundation but the powder sucks.
  • Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm - I tried this sample once and it didn't do anything. There was no coverage at all. Seeing it's only a sample, I'm just going to get rid of it. Would I Buy It Again? No. If I'm going to use a BB cream, I want it to have enough coverage to not need anything else.
  • Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment - I squeezed everything I could out of this sample. It was a decent lip treatment and it did help my dry lips over the past month. It's not as good as some others, though. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. It's a $14 tube and that's more than I want to pay for something that's not amazing.

  • Clarisonic Brush Head - This is the original brush head that came with it. It got old so I had to throw it away. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I have the deep cleaning one now and I think it's breaking me out. This one didn't, so I'll get it next time.
  • Applicator Sponge - I found this in the back of a drawer. It was on an old Urban Decay mineral foundation that I got rid of a long time ago. Would I Buy It Again? No. I have no reason for something like this because I don't use mineral foundation like this anymore.
  • Random Cheap Brushes - I was cleaning brushes and found these. I have so many brushes and these are really cheap ones. Would I Buy It Again? No. I don't need new makeup brushes for a while.

  • Benefit The PoreFessional - I had this in my project pan originally, but I switched it for another item. It's about 3 years old and it started breaking me out when I used it. I hate to throw expensive products away, especially when it's half full, but I can't use it anymore. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe. I have quite a few other primers to use, including the new Baby Skin that's supposed to be similar. I'll probably try to get a kit that has a mini one, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...