Monday, July 29, 2013

July Empties

It's time for more empties! Yay!

I don't think I have as many empty products as I did last month but I definitely have more samples. I also went through my lip gloss and eyeliner to get rid of any old or crappy products.

  • Assured Cotton Rounds - I got these at Dollar Tree and they were fine. I didn't see this kind again the last time I went, so I got the other kind they had. Would I Buy It Again? If I could find them again.
  • e.l.f. Lotion Wipes in Vanilla Sugar Cookie - I didn't like the scent as much as the Milk & Honey from last month's empties, but the product was the same. It's great for light moisture but not if you need deep moisture. Would I Buy It Again? Probably in a different scent, but I'd like to find them at Target so I don't have to order online.
  • Olay Fresh Effects S'wipe Out! Makeup Remover Wipes - These were fine, but they only have 20 in a pack and they were around $5-$6 at Walgreens. I did like the smell of them. They reminded me of an old kid's beauty product from when I was 10 or 11. If I'm remembering the correct product, it was Petite Nate. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe if they were on sale. I think they are too much for only 20 wipes.

  • Neutrogena Shampoo Anti-Residue Formula - I like this shampoo. It took me a while to get through because I only used it once in a while to clarify. The smell is strong, though. Would I Buy It Again? I will eventually.
  • N4 Reconstructing Masque - It didn't impress me much. I checked out the price of the full size and it's $58 on the Birchbox site, which is where I got the sample, and that is way way too much. It didn't make my hair feel better than it already did and it didn't work better than the Macadamia masque. Would I Buy It Again? Absolutely not. I can't think of one reason to try this again for $58.
  • MAC Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer - I've had this a long time and it's just now gone. I really like this and, if you have dry undereyes, it really helps. Would I Buy It Again? I already had a backup and I'll continue to buy it in the future.
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry - This was just a mini but it lasted a decent amount of time. I like this one better than others I've tried and it does have a white cast but I don't mind it because it lets me know that I actually got product on my hair. Would I Buy It Again? I already have... but I will say that scent can make a difference.
  • Simply Lip Balm in Fresh Mint - I picked this up at Walgreens one day when I really needed lip balm and this was on sale. It was okay for immediate relief but didn't help long term. I also found that if I put on more than a light layer, the mint kind of burned on my lips. Would I Buy It Again? I doubt it unless it was the only kind available and I really needed some.
  • Wet n Wild Mega Length Mascara - I'm surprised to say that I really liked this mascara. I expected to just try to get through it but I really enjoyed using it. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I have a lot to go through, including several more of small bottles of this, but I will probably get it when I'm done. And who can beat the Wet n Wild price?

  • Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque - This sample was one use and I don't remember it doing anything amazing. It seems to average $35 for 2.5 oz and that's too much for something that didn't leave an impression. Would I Buy It Again? No. For something that I don't remember much, $35 is more than I'd spend.
  • Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel - It was okay but I liked others better. Would I Buy It Again? No. It's normally $26 and I don't think I'd pay that much for it.
  • Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - Again, it was okay. I did not like the smell, though. Would I Buy It Again? No. This is another high priced face cleanser at $38 and I can't pay that much if I didn't love it.
  • Biore Steam Activated Cleanser - Out of all the face cleansers, I liked this one the best. It made my face feel clean and it's also drugstore. Would I Buy It Again? Probably. I have one more sample of it and I need to make sure that it doesn't have anything to do with my recent breakout out because some drugstore cleansers can. If it's all good, then I will.
  • Pangea Organics Turkish Rose & White Tea Eye Cream - Out of the ones I tried, I liked this one the best. It was thick and I got a lot of use out of the sample because so little was needed. Would I Buy It Again? I doubt it. It's in the area of $45 and I have an expensive eye cream that I like more than this.
  • Nuxe Eye and Lip Global Anti-Aging Cream - I only used this on my eyes and it was the one that didn't leave any sort of impression. I didn't see any difference during the week that I used this. Would I Buy It Again? No. It didn't do anything for the $50-$60 price.
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Pearl - The color of this was a little too dark for me, but I actually really liked it a lot. Would I Buy It Again? I have a lot of other face products to go through, but it's definitely one that I'm keeping in mind. I have a sample of another color also.
  • Boscia Vital Daily Moisture - I didn't feel like this one sank it. I hate when moisturizer sits on my face and makes it look really shiny and oily. I also did not like the smell. Would I Buy It Again? No. I didn't really like it.
  • Tony Moly Dual Effect Sleeping Pack - I liked this one but I'm not sure it did anything a regular night moisturizer would do. Would I Buy It Again? I doubt it. It's not terribly expensive, but I'm looking for something else that works better.
  • Anastasia Line Erasing Serum - I was surprised that it was so thin because the drugstore ones I've tried were thicker. After I got used to it, I liked it. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. It wasn't bad but I did try out at least other sample I liked more.

  • Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation in Nude - I'm a little sad about this. While the color was too dark, I liked how it applied. I think this foundation broke me out, though. Would I Buy It Again? If I could find out that it didn't break me out and something else did, I might get it. Otherwise, I'd say no.
  • Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish - I loved this after the first use. I got about 4 uses out of it and I loved it each time. Would I Buy It Again? After my other exfoliators are gone, I will absolutely buy this.
  • Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream - I had two of these samples that I used. I really like this cream- almost as much as my Shiseido one. My skin felt really good with this. Would I Buy It Again? I already bought a sample pack with this and several others in this Collagen Moistfull line. I will probably buy the regular size at some point.
  • Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss - This was really sheer and it barely showed up. Would I Buy It Again? Urban Decay doesn't even make this anymore. I think some places may still have them, but I'm not interested.
  • Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate - I liked this serum. It made my skin feel good. Would I Buy It Again? If I don't find something better. It's really expensive, but I did like it a lot. I have some others to try and a larger sample of this that I want to try before making such a large purchase.
  • Lancome High Resolution Eye Cream - I wasn't a fan. My big problem with this is that it pilled. I couldn't use it at all during the day. Would I Buy It Again? No. I didn't like the way it applied.
  • Dior Hydra Life Creme - It was okay but it had a heavy scent and I don't like that. Would I Buy It Again? No. I didn't love it and it's another expensive product.
  • Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Nude Glow - I liked how this looked and applied but it broke me out. This color was also too dark for me. I only used it once even though I could have gotten at least one more out of it. Would I Buy It Again? No. While I'm not sure the Hourglass one broke me out, I'm sure this one did. It's a shame, though, because I liked how it looked.

  • Avon Anew Rejuvenate 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer - I had a whole box of samples from the few months that I sold Avon. I was going to use them but they had an expiration date on them from 2010. Would I Buy It Again? No. I've tried the regular moisturizers and I don't think they are special.
  • Michael Todd Silk Treatment Mask - I only used this once and washed it off before time was up. I had it in my July basket and had never used it. When I opened it, it looked oily like all the stuff had separated. Considering that Michael Todd is supposed to be organic and they don't seem to make this particular packaging anymore, I figured it was probably not good to put on my face. Would I Buy It Again? I might try this or something else from Michael Todd, but I have a lot to go through at this point.
  • Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer - I've used a lot of this but I just don't want to anymore. It always made my face look oily and it didn't even moisturize well. Would I Buy It Again? No. I've been disappointed with most of Simple's products and this was no exception.
  • Black Mascara - I had this in my last two baskets and I have no idea who it's from. I'd guess it's elf but I don't know. It didn't really do anything so I decided to just toss it. Would I Buy It Again? Even if I knew who made it, I'd say no. It didn't do much.
  • Simple Soothing Eye Balm - I don't feel like this does anything. It's really thin and doesn't make my eyes feel soothed or less tired. I've tried to use this, but it's pointless. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream - I've used most of this but the last few times I used it my face broke out. I can't say for sure that it was this, but it's about 2 years old so I decided to get rid of it. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. I prefer other BB creams.

  • Warpaint Beauty Eye Pencil in Cupcake, Purr and Bad Rep - These are hard pencils and don't make good or pigmented lines. I did keep a 4th one that worked better, but it's still not great Would I Buy It Again? I'm not sure that Warpaint Beauty is around anymore, but I would not get any more.
  • Hedy's Ma.Nish.Ma Chopstick Glitter Eyeliner in Good Luck - This was another hard, poorly pigmented eyeliner. Would I Buy It Again? No. I kept one of these, but I would not get more.
  • Rimmel Eyeful in Stand Out - I got this on clearance and I don't like it. Would I Buy It Again? No. I'm not sure if these are made anymore, but there are so many better cream eye pencils.
  • Jane ColorSticks in So 50's and Stormy - These are really old and I'd be afraid to put them on my eyes now. Would I Buy It Again? No. I'm not sure what Jane products are available anymore, but I never used these so I wouldn't try them again.
  • Hot Topic eyeliner - This liner was slanted to make a cat eye. It was too think for that, though, and it barely showed up. It was barely gray when it was supposed to be black. Would I Buy It Again? This is another product that I don't think is being made anymore but, if it was, I would not get it.
  • Wet n Wild Eye Pencil in Black - I don't know where this came from. It reminds me of the old Urban Decay eye pencils with the smudger but the liner was not that good. I'm never going to use this. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Milani Black Magic Liner and Eye Glimmer in Blacken Pink/Pink Magic - I used to really like this but I've had it for years and the liners now have a grayish tint to them. Would I Buy It Again? I would. When looking just now to see if they were made still, I found them on CherryCulture.com so I probably will sometime.
  • Wet n Wild H2O Proof eyeliner in Black Chrome and Denim Chrome - I've never opened these but I probably won't and I don't know how old they are. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeliner in Black - This liner is old. I have quite a few of these, though, and I like them okay. Would I Buy It Again? I don't know. It's not the best but they are cheap. If I even need black eyeliner again, which I can't imagine needing for a long time, I might consider it.
  • Jesse's Girl Kohl Eyeliner in Kitty Hawk and Emerald City - When I tested these on my had as I went through my eyeliners, they weren't very pigmented and didn't have a smooth line. Would I Buy It Again? No. There are so many good liners in the same colors for drugstore prices that there is no need to settle for a mediocre one.

  • NYX Sheer Gloss in Clear and Ice Princess - I'm not a big fan of tube glosses. They've been sitting around for a while and I'm never going to use them. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Philosophy Lip Gloss in Cinnamon Buns and Pumpkin Spice - A while ago, I would buy these for the smell but I never really wore them. I think they are way too sticky and goopy and, again, I don't like tube glosses. Would I Buy It Again? No. I'll stick to body wash when I want Philosophy scents.
  • CO Bigelow Lip tubes in Ginger Mentha and Lemon - It's the same problem. They are old now but I never used them because they were goopy and I don't like this type of product. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Murad Energizing Pomegranate Lip Protector - Out of all the tube glosses, this was one of the better ones. It's old, though, and has an odd smell. Would I Buy It Again? No. I got this a long time ago and have since found way better products with packaging I don't hate.
  • Incolor by Jordana Squeeze and Shine Gloss in Be Coralful - I bought this because I liked the color. It's practically colorless, though, and the sparkle in the tube didn't show up at all. It also has a scent that I don't like. It reminds me of something else but I can't think of it now. Would I Buy It Again? No. It has no color.
  • .Mark Juice Gems in Fig - I never used this but I do know it's really old. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Wet n Wild Glassy Gloss in Mow the Glass - Ugh. I hate this gloss more than any of the others. It was mostly colorless and I didn't like the smell. It also slid from my lips into my mouth, though I have another one that didn't do that. Would I Buy It Again? I'd definitely not get this one again, but I have another in my basket for August that I'm going to try to use that's not as bad. I'm pretty sure that I won't though.
  • Jesse's Girl Glow Stix Lip Gloss in Disco, Glam and Rave - I was really disappointed in these. They are so bright in the tube but are almost colorless. I have so many glosses that holding on to these are pointless because I won't wear them. Would I Buy It Again? No. They have so little color that I can use a clear gloss and it'll be about the same.
  • Claire's Lip Gloss - I got this in some kit and it's just taking up space. It's very sheer. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • .Mark Glow Baby Glow in Pink Crush, Hot and Sizzle - I have no idea where I got so many .Mark products. I never used any of these and they've all gone bad. Would I Buy It Again? No.
  • Wet n Wild Megaslicks in Crystal Clear - I can't really say how old this is, but I don't tend to use clear gloss. I'm just going to get rid of it. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. I definitely won't get the clear again, but I've never looked at other colors. Still, I have so many glosses already and I just can't see this one being what I'd buy next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...