Thursday, June 27, 2013

June Empties

I've never done an empties post before because I wasn't trying to use up products. I always got so much new stuff that I rarely made an attempt to finish anything. Now I'm making the effort to use the backlog of products before getting new ones. I've also been going through my collection and getting rid of things that are expired or just terrible for me. I think for a while I'll have a lot of these kind, too.

  • St. Ives Apricot Scrub - I've had this for so long. I don't think it's actually completely gone but it's old enough that the tube started to crack so I figure it's done. I liked it, but I probably won't buy it again.
  • Mark Self Sanctuary Lemon Sugar Shower Wash - I'm not sure where this came from but I found it in the back of my cabinet. I used it, but it didn't make any sort of impression so I probably won't get it again if they even still make it.
  • Macadamia Deep Repair Masque - I love this stuff and it took a while to use the whole thing, so I'll definitely buy it again after I use any other hair masks I have.
  • Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - I used most of this but the lid broke and the rest dried out. I didn't really see any real difference with this eye cream and it was expensive, so I would not buy it again.
  • Ojon Damage Reverse Thickening Conditioner - The girl at Ulta gave this to me to get rid of samples. It was okay, but I didn't really notice anything special. I wouldn't be opposed to another sample but I think Ojon is more than I want to spend on hair stuff that I don't love.
  • Bath and Body Works White Citrus Shower Gel - White Citrus is one of my favorite scents from B&BW. I'm not the biggest fan of the their shower gels, though, so I probably won't get this again. I do have one more in my cabinet, however.

  • Ulta Round Cotton Pads - I got these with the Ulta Rewards points. I probably won't buy these but I will possibly use points to get them.
  • Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes x2 - I've used these wipes for about a year. I'll probably get them again, but I'm trying the Olay Fresh Effects ones right now.
  • e.l.f. Lotion Wipes in Milk & Honey - These wipes aren't for deep moisturizing, but they were nice for a quick bit of light moisture. I might get them again but, whenever I order from e.l.f.'s website, I end up with magazines I don't want. Hopefully, I can find them at Target.

  • EOS lip balm in Lemon Drop - I don't really like the EOS lip balms and won't get any again.
  • Wet n Wild Mega Plump Mascara - I was surprised but I really liked this mascara. I might get it again eventually but I have so many mascaras to go through that it will be a long time until I need a new one.
  • Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream - I used this on both my hands and elbows. It worked well enough but I can probably find a cheaper one. I also think it might have caused my face to break out overnight when my hand touched my face.
  • e.l.f. Zit Zapper Pen - I like how this dries. It goes by really quickly, though. The last time I ordered from e.l.f. website, I got a few of these. I might get it again, but I've never seen it at Target and I have the previously mentioned problem with ordering from their site.
  • Redkin Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner - I really liked this. My hair felt really nice just with the sample. This is next on my list to buy when I finish my massive Mane n Tail bottles.
  • Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Emulsion - I got this sample at Sephora to try out. I've already bought a travel kit that has this in it. I also found Shiseido products at TJ Maxx, including this one, so I bought the full size too.
  • Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm - I like the smell of this lip balm and it's really moisturizing. I'll probably get this one again to keep in my purse.
  • LiQWD Silk Professional Deep Conditioning Treatment - This did not stand out. The full price is $24, so I'm not going to buy this.
  • Billy Jealously Hydroplane Super Slick Shave Cream - This is for men, but I used it on my legs. It might be something my husband might like, but I wouldn't get it.
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Sample Card x2 - I got 2 to 3 uses out of each of the cards before they dried up. I have so many minis of these and other eye primers that I'll never have to buy another one again. I do like this one, though.
  • Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo & Conditioner - This was okay but didn't stand out. I wouldn't be opposed to it if it was on sale, but I'd rather buy the Redkin one for a little more.

  • Bath and Body Works Mango Berry Sparkler Foaming Hand Soap - I like these soaps and this was an okay scent. I don't know if I'll get this particular scent again but I wouldn't rule it out if it's available.
  • Sonia Kashuk Eye Makeup Remover - This took a really long time to use. I like this eye makeup remover. It didn't irritate my eyes. I have a few other kinds to go through but, unless I find one that I like better, I plan to buy this one again.
  • Simple Soothing Facial Toner - This was about as good as a bottle of water. I won't get this again.

  • IQQU Advance Sunscreen - This expired about a year ago, so it's time for it to go. I barely used it and it was a little expensive so I won't get it again.
  • Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara - I like this mascara. It's not completely done, but it started flaking pretty badly. I'd get it again after all my other mascaras are done.
  • Urban Decay Liquid Eyeliner in Oil Slick - I'm not sure how long I've had this, but it looks really gross now. I don't even think Urban Decay has this type of liquid eyeliner anymore. I have plenty of liquid eyeliners to go through, but I don't think I'll buy a black from Urban Decay because it's so expensive.
  • Mark. Gleamstick Hook Up Lip Color in Flirtatious - When I pulled this out, it smelled funny. I don't know where I got it, but it's pretty old. I can't recall using it anytime in the last year or so and I have so much lip gloss, I wouldn't get this again.
  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - I didn't like this as a BB Cream but I would have still used it for the SPF. It breaks me out, though, so I'm going to get rid of it.
  • Wet n Wild Kohl Eyeliner in White - I got this for my waterline, but it was so stiff and it didn't even go on well.
  • Urban Decay Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation in Illusion - This is around 2-3 years old. I hit pan on it but it got buried in the back of a drawer. I don't want to use this one my face now so I think it's time to get rid of it. I'm pretty sure UD doesn't make this anymore.
  • Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - I used a little of this but it expired a year ago. I'm probably not going to buy this again. I plan on making my own to save money.
  • EOS Lip Balm in Tangerine - This was the worst of the EOS lip balms that I tried. It's so hard that I just hate using it.
  • Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish - Most of this line broke me out. I got this as a sample and I just don't want to take the chance on it.
  • Huge Lips Skinny Hips Lip Gloss in Kitty Poledancer - I forgot I had this for a long time. It had a little bit of a plumping effect. It was also supposed to be an appetite suppressant, though I don't really think that part worked. It's old and smells funky now, so it's time to go.
  • Loreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer - I wanted to try to use this last month, but it's old. It doesn't smell funny, but I got a breakout right after using it.
  • Urban Decay Concealer Pencil in DEA - I considered trying to use this because it has a lot of product still, but it's over 2 years old and I don't want to chance it.
  • Hello Kitty Flavored Lip Gloss x4 - These were cheap things from the drugstore and I just won't use them. Because they are for kids, they have no color.
  • Physicians Formula Concealer Twins - This is old and I didn't like it much.
  • Hard Candy 1,000 Lashes Mascara in Pink - It's old and I've never used it because I just couldn't find a use for pink mascara in my life.
  • Physicians Formula Mascara Duo in Brown Eyes - This is another really old product that I just didn't use much.
  • Philosophy Cream Blush in Feel Warm All Over and Look On The Bright Side - These are terrible. I got them at Big Lots, so I don't feel bad about getting rid of them.
  • e.l.f. Eyebrow Powder in Light - I tried to use this but it just does nothing. My eyebrows aren't this light so I just decided to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...