Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Blah of October

This month I tried some products that I haven't used before. Quite a few of them have been sitting around for a while but I've never used them. Some were sample products that I just got in the last month or so. With all the new stuff that I tried, I didn't have as much trouble with finding products I liked or disliked.

The Good

  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - While I have quite a few foundations in my collection, I find that I usually don't use them because they always look bad. I didn't really think this would be great either, but I was really surprised at how good and natural my skin looked with this foundation. My skin has started drying out and it didn't stick to all the dry patches or make it look weird.
  • Benefit Cha Cha Tint - I bought it when it came out but never used it because I just wasn't sure what to do with it. Even though it's a lip and cheek tint, I only used it on my lips. I really liked how it looked and it actually makes me want to look into Benetint, too... but probably a sample size because this is a big bottle.
  • Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Argan Oil - When I first put this in my hair, I thought I'd hate it. It felt kind of sticky on my hands. But when I was finished drying my hair, it felt better than it had in a while. It wasn't as shiny as it was with some other oils, but it felt great.

The Bad

  • Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder - I just opened this earlier in the week, but I already don't like it. It is so soft that I can't use a brush in it. Just from the picture, you can see all the product it kicked up. I'm going to see if I can work with it, but I don't have high hopes.
  • Claire's Mascara - I got this in some kit I bought a while ago. I don't really buy kits for mascara and tend to think of them as a bonus, so it's not that big a deal. Still, they should actually do something and this mascara did nothing. It barely looked like I was wearing mascara.

The Blah
 

  •  No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water - It's not bad really, but I prefer wipes to remove makeup. It's the first time I've used cleansing water and I think it's more trouble than I want to go through. I also wasn't fond of the smell.
  • La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser wipes - I just got these in my Ipsy bag and have used them a few times. There are some good things about them- they don't hurt my eyes and they smelled fine. I just don't think they worked as well as the Simple wipes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...