Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Empties

It's time for the products I've used up in October. I have to say, I feel proud of myself this month. There are a few products that have lasted me forever and they are finally done.


  • Mane 'n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner - It took me about a year to use these bottles. I think these products are great. When I bleached my hair so badly that it broke off and wouldn't grow anymore, these products helped it grow again. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I have another shampoo right now, but I would definitely go back to this in the future.

  • Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash in Pink Grapefruit - This body wash has salicylic acid in it and, for me, it really does help. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. This isn't my first bottle and it won't be the last. I've already purchased it.
  • Mary-Kate and Ashley Deep Clean Shampoo - This is a weird one. When I was a teenager, I got this by accident but I ended up loving it. When their whole line was discontinued, I bought quite a few bottles of this and they got shoved to the back of my cabinet and I forgot about it. It hasn't been made in about 8-10 years, but still smells and works exactly the same as it did then. I guess that says something about all the chemicals in it... but my hair is bleached anyway. Would I Buy It Again? No. It's been long out of production but even if it was made still, I don't know if I'd get it. I have more bottles left, but I don't think I'll use them.
  • Philosophy Happy Birthday, Beautiful Body Wash - I got this a few years ago as a Sephora birthday gift. I like Philosophy body washes and the scent was good. Would I Buy It Again? I'd eventually buy a Philosophy body wash again, but probably in a different kind of scent than any cake one. Seeing this one was a gift type one, I doubt I'd find this particular scent again.

  • Simple Cleansing Wipes - These are my favorite cleansing wipes. They don't hurt my eyes and they remove the most makeup out of the few that I've tried. They aren't the wettest so, if that matters, they may not be for you. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. I have the ones from this past Ipsy bag but, when they are done, I'll buy these again.
  • Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - These cloths compare to the Ponds Clean Sweep. I didn't like these. They were so wet that the package wouldn't seal. They also burned my eyes pretty badly. Would I Buy It Again? No. I hated these and couldn't even use them on my eyes.
  • Assured Cotton Rounds - These are cheap ones from Dollar Tree. I bought a few of the packs the last time I went. Would I Buy It Again? Yes.I've had them before and unless I find something amazing, these will work.

  • Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Toner - I really like the Eau Roma toner from Lush, but it's pretty expensive. I found this at Earthfare so I decided to try it. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. I didn't love it so I think I'll try to find something I like better.
  • Ojon Rub-Out Dry Shampoo - It's not empty, but it's spraying out only wetness. Would I Buy It Again? No. This is my last Ojon dry shampoo and I didn't like it enough to buy it again. There are better, cheaper options.
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush - I got this mini one when I just couldn't use the Paisley scent one anymore. It's not completely gone, but it no longer has any of the powder in it and comes out wet. Would I Buy It Again? I will buy Batiste again. I prefer the cherry scent, though, so that's what I replaced this with.
  • Ahava Mineral Hand Cream - I got this in some Birchbox a while ago. I liked it and it worked pretty well. It did have an old lady smell that kind of reminded me of the decorative shell soap my grandmother had. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe. It's not the cheapest hand cream and I'd like to find something cheaper. If I can't, though, I'd consider this.
  • Amika Oil Treatment - This is another old Birchbox product. Over the last several months, I've gotten into using oil in my hair and, in general, I like using them. For the sample size, this lasted a few months. Would I Buy It Again? No. It worked but I like the others I tried better than this one.

  • Montagne Jeunesse Tea Tree Face Spa Sheet Mask - I've never used sheet masks before this month and I've fallen in love with them. This particular one felt nice. The smell was okay. I don't really think it did anything for me, but I like how these things feel when they are on and that's a lot of the reason I use these. Would I Buy It Again? Sure. I liked it. It wasn't the one I liked the best but, if it's what's available, I'd get it.
  • Montagne Jeunesse Aloe Vera Face Spa Sheet Mask - This is the one that I liked the best for the feel and the scent. Again, it didn't do much besides moisturize. Would I Buy It Again? Yes. For relaxation, this is the one that I'd prefer to get.
  • Montagne Jeunesse Red Earth Clay Spa Sheet Mask - I liked the feel and smell of this one the least, but it actually seemed to have more of an effect than the others. It was messy because it's a wet clay on the sheet. Would I Buy It Again? I wouldn't buy this one all the time but I'd get it on occasion because it was messy.
  • Freeman Facial Purifying Paper Mask with Star Fruit - This is one of the three that came in September's Ipsy bag. It felt nice and I really liked the smell. The problem was that they were small. I had to cut the eye holes so that the mask wasn't laying on my eyes. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. I like the other brand better.

  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder in Light to Medium - It's not totally gone, but there's only a little around the edges and it's just too had to get product out. This has taken so long to finish. Would I Buy It Again? I doubt it. I liked it okay, but I think there are probably better powders out there.
  • MAC Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapidblack - I've had this for so long. The tip had gotten wonky and it could only do one line before crapping out, so it was time to go. Would I Buy It Again? No. I don't love using liquid liner and there are cheaper options to keep around for occasional use.
  • e.l.f. Makeup Remover Pen - This worked really well at first but then the tip got really gross. Then the tip fell out. Would I Buy It Again? Maybe. It didn't last long, but it's pretty cheap.
  • Wet n Wild Mega Length Mascara - I like this mascara. It's really dry, though, so it dries out pretty quickly. This one is not empty but it was flaking. Would I Buy It Again? Probably. I have a lot of mascara sitting around so I don't need any in the near future but I like this and it's cheap. It's definitely one I'd consider for a future purchase. It may dry out quickly but it's only a few dollars.
  • Claire's Mascara - This came in some kit and it was useless. It didn't even look like I had anything one. I only used this once and it was enough. It's not empty or dry but I'm throwing it out anyway. Would I Buy It Again? No. I wouldn't go to Claire's if I needed mascara.
  • Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara - This isn't empty or dry but I've had it open for quite a while. I liked how this looked on my top lashes but I couldn't use it at all on my lower lashes. It was a far from waterproof as you can get and ran all over. Would I Buy It Again? No. I've only ever bought 2 high end mascaras and I don't see myself doing so in the future unless it's amazing.
  • Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - I've barely used this but I'm getting rid of it. It's so hard and dry on my lips. Would I Buy It Again? No. I like other Burt's Bees lip balms, but not this one.
  • Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter - This was was almost gone and then popped out of the tube and rolled all over the floor before I caught it. Would I Buy It Again? Probably not. Out of all the types of Burt's Bees, this one wasn't my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...