Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Blah of March

The Good



  • Glamglow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment - I first heard about this on Pinterest. The price is ridiculous at $69 and I only decided to get it because of Sephora's return policy. I love it, though. My pores look smaller, especially on my nose and chin. It's also helped dry up some breakouts.
  • Skin79 Super+ Triple Functions BB Vital Cream (Orange) - While I'm not sure I like this as much as the Gold version, I really like this one. It matches me exactly. It also has SPF 50. The only problem with this that I didn't have with the gold one is that I need to apply powder during the day.
  • Benefit Fake Up Concealer in Light - I've found that I don't need to use the MAC Prep + Prime Eye Primer when I wear this concealers. It really is moisturizing under the eyes. It doesn't cover up all my dark circles, but I like to use it when I'm not doing a full face of makeup.
  • NYX Color Lip Balm in Merci - The color looks dark on the strip on the tube, but it's really a nice sheer color on the lips. I like this whole line more than the Baby Lips because I think they go on better and moisturize better.
  • Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day and Night Cream - I only have samples of these, but I've already ordered the night cream and I'm going to eventually get the day cream. These are the best creams I've tried... but they are between $50 and $60.
  • L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara - I'm a big fan of length but don't care as much about volume in my mascara. This one makes them long, though not volumized, and I especially like it on my bottom lashes.
  • Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin - A lot of people said these didn't have any pigmentation, but I think this one has just enough. I probably would never wear a blush that was as orange as this looks in the package so I think the sheerness of this is a good thing.
  • MAC Tenderling blush - I think this blush is about as light and neutral as it gets, which I really like. Because I have a lot of redness in my cheeks, I don't like to use dark or heavy blush.
  • Real Techniques Blush Brush - Along the lines of light blushes, I find that this brush gives a really light and even application.

The Bad


  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Earthshine - I'm sad about this one, but it looks terrible on me. It's so pretty in the pan and swatched but, when I wear it, it looks like I have bruises on my face.
  • Philosophy Cream Blush in 02 and 03 - I found these at Big Lots and I was excited because I like Philosophy stuff. Sadly, I was disappointed because these suck. They have no pigmentation at all, even for me. In fact, all the Philosophy makeup products I got sucked.
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel - It got this one because it's the only one that Ulta had. These smell awesome and the color is pretty but it settled in all the lines on my lips and looked pretty bad. Maybe it's the color...

The Blah


  • Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer in Coco Butter - While I liked that it was a spray, I found that it didn't actually moisturize that well. It also got all over my floor when I tried to get enough on me to make a difference.
  • Benefit World Famous Neutrals in Sexiest Nudes Ever - Outside of the silver color, I found all these colors pretty blah. I'll still use it, but I think it takes more work than it should.
  • Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - I bought this on the recommendation of a Sephora employee and it was $65. It wasn't great, which I expect when I spend that much. It did okay, but nothing a cheaper one couldn't do. It's for this reason that I now get samples before I buy this stuff.
  • NYX Incredible Waterproof Concealer in Green - I got this to cover some red spots, but I feel like it only works with light redness. I have some darker redness that it didn't do anything for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...