Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Good, The Bad and The Blah of February

 I'm doing something a little different this month. Along with the products I loved and hated, I'm also doing some products that I used that I felt were pretty mediocre. I didn't hate them, but I didn't think they were all that good either. Also, if you are interested in non-beauty favorites, click here.

The Good



1. L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Gold Imperial - I switched it up from my usual color. Really, this color was a totally random selection one day, but I loved the way it looked so I continued to wear it over and over.
2. L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain - The color in the picture is Endless Red, but I actually love all the 4 that I have. The only problem I have is that they taste terrible... but they look so good, that I'm okay with it.
3. elf  Zit Eraser - After I ran out of the first one (review here) I had and started using other products, I realized how much I liked this one. I bought another one this month and I'm glad I did.
4. Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in Nude - I've been looking for a peachy color to use in my waterline and this one worked really well.
5. Maybelline Mega Plush mascara - I've used this for a while, but one day I was being super lazy and didn't want to find me Clinique Bottom Lash mascara so I used this one on them. It actually make them look better than the Clinique one.
6. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese - Most people like Milk as a highlight color, but I really like Cottage Cheese. It has a shine to it that Milk doesn't and I use it all the time as an inner corner highlight.
7. John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer - I bought this a long time ago and promptly lost it. I recently found it and it's great for the little baby hairs around my forehead. I've also been wearing my hair pulled back lately, so I've been using it all the time.
8. Urban Decay Glinda palette - This has pretty much been the only palette I've worn since I bought it.
9. Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder in Light to Medium - My skin has been okay lately and I have been super lazy this past month, so I've been just using this most days. It's has enough coverage to even my skin out for the days when I don't want to do more than put on powder.
10. Yes to Blueberries Night Cream and Daily Moisturizer - In January, my skin was really dry. Sometime in the first part of February, I needed moisturizer and was not near the one I'd been using, so I grabbed these. My face felt better than it had in months immediately.


The Bad


1. Illamasqua 4-Colour Liquid Metal palette - I hated cream eye shadows for a long time and this palette is probably the reason. I've had it for a while, but because I've been liking cream shadows like the Color Tattoos, I thought I'd try it again. It still sucks. I do not have oily lids and most things do not crease on me... but this one does so bad that it's almost unusable.
2. Flower Beauty BB Cream in BB1 - I did a review for this one and I think it's probably the worst Flower product I've tried. 
3. Sonia Kashuk Brush and Sponge Cleanser - The smell of this cleanser is so strong. I'm sensitive to smell... I can't use scented laundry detergent or a lot of perfumes. For me, it's just too much. The smell reminds me of going to a store that sells incense and all the smells mix together. I might have been able to deal, but the smell lingered. The couple brushes I tried this on still smell like it.
4. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 115 - I've had this for a while and I remember being disappointed in it when I first got it. I've been trying to use things I have, though, so I tried it again. This foundation shows every dry patch on my face. I've never once used this and had it look good.

The Blah


1. Simple Soothing Facial Toner - This is okay. I bought it on Amazon and it came with two of them, so I've been using them. They don't do anything bad to my skin but I don't really think they do anything for it, either.
2. Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer - I think this one worked better in the summer when my skin wasn't so dry, but it only does enough to make my skin not dry in the moment. Unlike the Yes to Blueberries one, my skin doesn't seem to benefit long term from this.
3. Simple Soothing eye balm - I just don't really think this does much. It doesn't hurt but it doesn't help.
4. Flower Beauty Color Play Creme Eyeshadow - These weren't bad but, compared to other ones that are available, it's kind of near the bottom for me. They are infinitely better than the Illamasqua cream palette, though.
5. Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss - I seem to be the only one who feels that these aren't wonderful. It's okay, but it's not the most moisturizing product I've used. It also smells okay but, from the way everyone talked about these, it doesn't smell as good as I thought it would.
6. elf Lip Exfoliator - It worked okay, but I've used better. It's cheap, though.
7. Nuance Correcting Spot Treatment - I don't really feel like this does a lot. It didn't dry my skin, but I definitely think the elf one does a better job.
8. MAC prep + prime BB Cream - I don't know if it's changed now that they have a whole range, but I got this one over a year ago when it was online only. It's better than the drugstore BB creams, but not as good as the Asian one I've tried. I'm just trying to use it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...