Friday, February 1, 2013

Flower BB Cream Review

Eventually I went to a Walmart to pick up some Flower products, but initially I ordered them from Walmart.com. From the display, it looks like there are only nail polish, lip products, and mascara and eyeliner but the Flower line also has face and eye products. I got the BB Cream in BB1 (the lightest shade). There are 3 other shades available so it's not much of a color range. It's $12.98, which I believe is a little more expensive than some of the other drugstore BB Creams.



Don't be fooled by the pink tone of the BB Cream on the website. It is a lot more yellow than it looks. When I put it on, it gave me a sallow look. My husband told me that I looked dead.


There is nothing on the packaging that says what the BB Cream benefits are outside of staying even for up to 12 hours. The website gives a little more information.


Flower Beauty Balm BB Cream can be used daily to eliminate skin dullness. It covers imperfections, pores and discolorations.
Flower Beauty Balm BB Cream:


  • Smoothes and softens skin
  • Helps eliminate unwanted shine
  • Primer, foundation, and concealer in 1
  • Fragrance free
  • Paraben free
  • Talc free
It actually is a lot thicker and has better coverage than the other drugstore BB Creams I've tried. In fact, it felt more like a foundation than a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer. I even had to blend it out with a brush so it wasn't streaky. It did nothing for covering pores or the look of pores.

I wore it for about 13 hours. My nose was shiny about halfway through and my whole face was shiny by the time I took it off... and I have mostly dry skin with only my nose tending to become oily. It especially looked bad on the cheeks, making my pores look more visible.

It did not immediately smooth or soften my skin, but that may be something that happens over time.

It's not fragrance free. It does not smell good, either. I didn't really notice it once it was on, though.



blended

I don't like this product. For me, the color was all wrong. It didn't last 12 hours without looking shiny. Maybe if it had been $5 or $6, it wouldn't be as big an issue for me, but it was $12.98. That's way too much for this product. I was able to make it somewhat work my putting a more pinky setting powder over it, but I'd rather not have to do that. I can not recommend this BB Cream. In fact, I'd also be wary of trying any of the other face products from this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...