Thursday, May 12, 2011

Geek Chic Cosmetics swatches and 1st impression

Geek Chic Cosmetics combines the love of geeky stuff with the love of makeup. Most seem to be based around video games, but also things like zombies and TV shows (like the one I got). They offer loose eyeshadow, lipsticks and glosses, foundation and blushes. For my order, I chose a set of loose shadows and a lipstick.

I did feel like shipping was a little slow, though not annoyingly so. It took almost 2 weeks from my order date to receive. Everything was securely bubble wrapped and nothing was messed up in the package. I was actually a little worried that I had ordered lipstick that I knew would sit outside most of the day until I got home. But all was good.

I like that Geek Chic cosmetics did something that set them apart from all the other indie makeup companies by combining geek stuff and makeup. It makes it much more memorable. But I don't know all the video games they reference so it'd be nice if they had the info on the collection page.

Everything came in a cute little bag. I also like how each set has its own graphic sticker on top.

The Fang Banger's Quartet, based on the show True Blood. I don't like the show, but I love the books they are based on. I also really wanted the red color.

Blood Bond, Purity Burns, Viking King, Eyes of the Werewolf

Purity Burns, Blood Bond, Viking King, Eyes of the Werewolf (top to bottom, no primer)

Sample of Ambassador from the Big Damn Heroes Collection (no primer). It actually looks a lot different than it does on the website.

Hipster Ariel is the whole reason I wanted to order from Geek Chic Cosmetics.

It looks a little fragile in the tube and felt wiggly while I was trying it out.


It obviously doesn't achieve the same effect as the website shows with one coat. I'll have to try it with several coats next time.

Overall, I like the colors of eyeshadow I chose, even though they don't always look just like the pictures on the website. I wish the lipstick went on a little smoother, but the color is what I thought it'd be. I like Geek Chic Cosmetics, but will probably mix and match out of different collections next time. I also don't know if I'd order lipstick again unless they have another really unique color like Hipster Ariel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's disappointing. Hipster Ariel looked so beautiful on the site.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...