Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My favorite soundtracks and soundtrack songs

The theme this week for American Idol was 'songs from the movies.' I haven't been particularly impressed with American Idol this year (though I kind of have a few I'd rather see win) and kind of feel that it peaked with Adam Lambert. But it inspired me to think about what I would have picked as a soundtrack song if I had been on AI... then that lead to what are my favorite soundtrack songs?

First, there are a few soundtracks that I love that I just could not pick one song from.

The Craft has to be my #1 top soundtrack. I love pretty much every song on this CD

American Graffiti is one that I've loved for a long time. My parents had a record of it when I was little and I listened to it all the time.

While it's pretty new still, I have to say that I love the Sucker Punch soundtrack. Outside the awesome hair and makeup, the soundtrack was way better than the movie itself.

I think this was the only time that I saw a movie and went right after and bought the soundtrack. I love ABBA and Mamma Mia.

Now, onto my favorite songs that are in movies. I'm sure that there are some others that were in movies that I don't know about, in which case my list would be much longer, but these are the ones that I know are in movies.

Mad World by Gary Jules from Donnie Darko. Actually I love all the eighties songs in that movie, but the official soundtrack is just a score.


Overdrive by Katy Rose from Mean Girls


Lemon by Katy Rose from Thirteen. Overdrive was also in Thirteen, but was featured more for Mean Girls.


Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo from Back to School.


Glory of Love by Peter Cetera from Karate Kid II. This is one of the best songs ever.


Gold Dust Woman by Hole from The Crow: City of Angels. I actually liked both the soundtrack and the movie... it was right in the middle of my angsty teens.


#1 Crush by Garbage from Romeo + Juliet. Garbage is one of my favorite bands.


I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any of them right now. Maybe I'll do another post sometime if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...