Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boo

According to TV Squad, All My Children and One Life To Live have been canceled. ABC will have gone from 3 soaps to 1 (General Hospital) by January. They will be replaced with View clones, one ridiculously called 'The Chew.' I just don't think I could watch a show called 'The Chew,' nor could I ever tell anyone about it because I would feel silly just saying the name.

I'm especially upset about OLTL. I had quit watching AMC a long time ago and personally felt it really was bad. But OLTL had some really good elements. It was one of the only soaps that made good use of their older cast members- they seemed to be aware that people loved their core characters and kept giving them good storylines instead of shuffling them off to the background or getting rid of them altogether. They had some of the best relationships between characters, like Vicki and Dorian.

I hate that soaps keep getting canceled, even the ones I don't watch. It makes me scared for the ones I do watch (which was OLTL and GH, but I guess will only be GH soon), or the ones I have watched before and may want to go back to (Y&R and Days). I only really started watching soaps after I got out of high school and had time during the day, but that has been over 15 years. I feel like I know the characters and don't want to see them go.

I haven't felt this bummed out by a soap cancellation since Port Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...