Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BSC Blast from the Past

After reading the new Sweet Valley book, I started looking back at some of the things I used to love when I was a kid. One of the places it led me back to was the Baby-Sitters Club. I started reading them when only a few were out and I couldn't wait for the new ones to come out. I even dabbled with Baby-Sitters Little Sister a few times. I also remember endlessly practicing the block letters that were in the logo (which is not part of the newest reprint).

I loved this cover and wanted Stacey's clothes so bad.

I eventually quit reading after 40 or so books, having passed that reading level and general interest in babysitting. But not before there was a TV show. I had several, but not all the videos and I watched the crap out of the first one.

I don't have the videos anymore but, lucky me, I found the first episode on youtube. I think the person has a few more episodes, too.





I knew about the California Diaries spin-off, but I just graduated high school when they were published. I recently found a random one and gave it a quick review on goodreads. Part of me actually wants to find these and read them, along with all the original series that I never read, just because I never did before.

But the one I'm really interested in is The Kids in Ms. Coleman's Class, which I found out about from the BSC Wikipedia article. I never knew it existed at all.

When I think back, all my favorite books were the ones where Dawn was the main character. The first 5 of hers (5,9,15,23,31) were some of my favorites.

But this has got me thinking about all the things I used to love... so I may just talk about some of those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...