Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Balm Balm Jovi Palette swatches

I got a couple palettes from The Balm the last time it was on Hautelook (referral link). I like all the palettes that I have from The Balm so I figured I'd like this one, too.

This palette includes eye shadows, a blush, a highlighter, and two lip/cheek colors. I really only buy palettes for eye shadow. While I understand the general appeal of having all products in one, I don't really like it much. I don't like pan lip products and have not had a palette that changed my mind. As for blushes/hightlights/bronzers in palettes- I don't ever find that I make an effort to use them when they are in palettes. Still, if you like that or travel a lot, this palette is great for that.

I did have a hard time getting the colors to show up accurately in the palette- they looked far duller than they actually are. The swatches more accurately represent the colors in the palette.



Metal-ica does look more shiny and a little bit more silver in real life, but not extremely metallic.





 Solid Gold Luminzer

I found that the luminizer was almost the same color as the Iron Maid-In eye shadow
Iron Maid-In (Top)
Solid Gold Luminizer (Bottom)

 Don't You Want Me Blush (swatched and blended)


Milly and Vanilly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...