Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and the Blah of August

I don't really have much for this month but I did manage to find a few things.

The Good

  • Pop Beauty Indie Pop palette - This palette was on the impulse rack at Ulta and I picked it up on a whim but I never used it. I spent all of August using this palette when I wore eye shadow and I really liked it. My favorite part is that it has several really pretty highlight shades.
  • Estee Lauder Day Wear Cream - I got this as a sample in a gift with purchase bag. On my quest to pare my collection, this was next on my list. What I really liked about this cream is that it hydrates my skin but does not sit on top of it. The biggest problem I have with day creams and moisturizers is that they make my face greasy... and this does not do that at all. I also like the smell, but it's really heavy and lingers a while.

The Bad

  • Simple Eye Make-Up Remover - Simple is supposed to be gentle but this burns my eyes. It also doesn't do well at removing difficult mascara.

The Blah

  • Urban Decay Cream Eyeshadow - I bought a bunch of these on Hautelook a long time ago and only just started using them. They are okay, but compared to things like the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows, they are sub par. Urban Decay doesn't make these anymore, anyway.
  • Warpaint Beauty Eye Kohl Pen - These aren't terribly pigmented and I'd been trying to use them as a liner. They are bullet shaped, however, so eventually they couldn't be used for that and they aren't pigmented enough to use for a base or shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...