Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lime Crime Velvetines swatches

I recently got Lime Crime's Velvetines, a liquid lipstick. I like these and I just could not get the pictures to look half as good as they looked in person, especially Red Velvet (It does require more than one application to get the best look with Red Velvet). The swatch on Lime Crime's site is an accurate representation of what it looks like. My pic of Suedeberry is pretty close to what it looks like.

They are incredibly long lasting. I've been wearing Red Velvet all morning while drinking soda and it's still there with minimal transfer to the can. Suedeberry was the first one I swatched and it did not wipe off with a napkin like a lipstick would. It tried both a makeup remover wipe (I used Simple wipes) on one lip and an eye makeup remover (I used Sonia Kashuk makeup remover) on the other. The eye makeup remover worked best and I had to scrub a little with the wipes.

There are a few downsides to the Velvetines, though. It sets fairly quickly, making it hard to fix any mistakes in application. I also found them to be pretty drying, though they did not make my lips look dry while wearing them. Once you start removing these, they get incredibly messy... I ended up with lipstick all over as I tried to wipe it off.

Overall, I like these. Despite what my poor picture shows, Red Velvet is so pretty. Suedeberry is also nice and would be good for every day.






 Suedeberry  and Red Velvet

 Suedeberry- 1 application

Red Velvet- 1 application

Red Velvet- 2 applications

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...