Monday, April 18, 2011

Nostalgia for Nickelodeon

I don't really know what's gotten into me lately. I've been really big on my nostalgia for the 90s (and some late 80s) these past few weeks- basically my Jr High years. So I was thinking about how I used to love Nickelodeon. Its teen block was amazing and so much better than TeenNick now (which only shows like one or two current shows, but are supposed to start showing some 90s shows sometime). Anyway, here are some of my favorites.

Just like everyone else, the one I remember most is Clarissa Explains it All. And of course, like most people, I wanted to dress like her too. As soon as it was announced on DVD, I preordered it.


Of course, I remember the original opening as well but couldn't find it on youtube. It is on one of the episodes on the DVD, though.
I also had this book, full of things like Good Names for Horses and Why I Hate Barbie.

Another one was Fifteen. Even then, it was kind of a guilty pleasure because it was just so cheesy and bad. And I always hated Ashley, though I loved the Laura Harris in Dead Like Me. It also had a young Ryan Reynolds in it.





Welcome Freshman was another one I really liked. While Fifteen made school so dramatic, this one made it look fun.


Hey Dude was pretty awesome, too. I had a huge crush on Ted.


Salute Your Shorts fueled my desire to go to summer camp. My own camp experience (which was only two weeks) was not nearly as fun.


Are You Afraid of the Dark? was really the first "scary" thing I could watch. I guess it helped because I love scary things now. It was also far superior to Goosebumps.

The Tale of the Lonely Ghost (1x3) was my favorite episode.




I also really liked Roundhouse.


And even though it came out a little later than the others, I love The Secret World of Alex Mack.


And for one a little earlier... I loved You Can't Do That on Television.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...