Thursday, April 21, 2011

Inglot swatches and first impression

I placed my very first order with Inglot over the weekend. I've been hearing good things about them for a while, but they only recently opened an online store. I honestly have no idea what I did before online shopping because I hate to order over the phone. So, with the addition of an online store, I was able to try Inglot. Right now they only do online ordering to the US and to Australia.

The website was slightly confusing at first. Instead of the online store being right there, you have to click on it in the top menu bar and it opens up another window. From there, you can start ordering.

They have a lot of options- face, lips, eyes, brushes, etc. What I decided to go with is the Freedom System. It allows you to pick the size of your palette as well as the colors that go in it. For my first time, I didn't want to go crazy so I picked the 3 eye shadow square palette. There are also ones that are bigger and even one that is a 2 square one. Then I picked the three shadows that I wanted.

I got my order yesterday. I am really happy about how quickly it got here. I ordered from Sephora the same day and have not got that one yet. Everything was in perfect condition when I opened the package and they even gave me some samples. So, as far as the experience of ordering from Inglot for the first time goes, I've got nothing but good things to say.

Now to the product....

I think the palettes are really unusual. At first I thought that the cover had a frosty type sticker with the name all over it, but that's the actual cover. It attaches to the base with small, but pretty strong magnets. When I first opened it, I thought one side was attached and turned while the other was a magnet- that's how strong the magnet was. But I eventually saw that the whole thing came off. Of course, I am a little scared that I'm going to force it open and destroy all the eyeshadow. I'm not quite sure if I like it more or less than the average palette.

As for the eye shadows themselves, I have to say that I love them. I was a little turned off at first by the fact that there were only numbers associated with the product. When looking for the colors I wanted, the numbers seemed to jump around so I'm not sure how they were numbered but it wasn't by the way they grouped them on the site. But I finally found three that I wanted to try- #414, #448, and #449 (all pearl). That's probably the biggest problem I had. I'm never going to remember someone telling me what number they got or ever be able to tell anyone a number as a recommendation.

But I definitely think they live up to all the hype they get. I'm just sad that I ordered the small palette. Next time, I'm going to have to get the large one and work at filling it up.


 #414, #448, #449
  #414, #448, #449 (top to bottom, no primer)
 Cream Foundation and Under Makeup Base samples

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...