Friday, April 1, 2011

Books of March 2011

What a Demon Wants by Kathy Love - I got this for free on the Kindle and I'd never read Kathy Love before. She's not really my type of paranormal romance writer- bordering between romance and erotica- so I can't say I love the book. There was a threat of danger to the main character that required her to have a bodyguard. She and the bodyguard both have instant, erotic connection. The connection and them getting past their issues take up most of the book. The thread of danger and who is after the main character is almost an afterthought. And it was incredibly easy to figure out who it was based on the limited characters in the book. It wasn't something I'd want to pay for but it was a light, quick read. 3 out of 5

A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang It's been a while since I read something that was strictly Urban Fantasy, having focused more on YA and PR instead. I was kind of burnt out for a while but decided I wanted to jump back in. This was the best book I could have done that with. Abby's boss goes missing and an incubus shows up on her doorstep looking for his missing sister. There's something going on and Abby is kind of pushed into trying to figure it out. There were a few problems with the book but I thought they were easy enough to overlook because I got really caught up in the story. 4.5 out of 5

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford - Review here 3 out of 5

Fairy Tales in Electri-City by Francesca Lia Block Review here 3 out of 5

Torment by Lauren Kate - Review here 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...