Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sugarpill Review

I first saw Sugarpill on a facebook ad. Then I saw a lot of gurus on youtube using it. It was so colorful so I ordered some right after Christmas. Then I ordered some more a week or so later.


The packaging is so cute. Even the box it shipped in was cute. I got different colored stickers in each box and I love the blue one. I also got a sample loose shadow in each box- both times Birthday Girl- and it had it's own cute packaging. I love the graphic on the palette box and want to keep at least one. It's actually good they only have one picture they use for that box because I'd have to keep all of them if they were different.

The colors of both the pressed and loose eye shadows are amazing. They are also very well represented on the website.
 Loose Shadow: Junebug and Goldilux

 Loose Shadow (sample): Birthday Girl

Palettes: Sweetheart and Burning Heart
(Dollipop looks purple, but is actually bright pink)

Swatches of the palettes without primer
Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, and Tako
Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Love+, Poison Plum
Swatches with primer (UDPP)
Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Love+, Poison Plum
 Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, and Tako

Loose Eyeshadow (dry, no primer)
Junebug, Goldilux, Birthday Girl

I have nothing like these colors. With the others, even the ones that look bright in the pan don't look as bright on. As you can tell, the pressed shadows look just as pigmented without any primer. The only one I had something like was Birthday Girl so I swatched those to compare.
Sugarpill's Birthday Girl, HIP's pink pigment, Urban Decay's Asphyxia

Birthday Girl is a little lighter than the others and less hot pink. It's also got a glitter look. While the others have a sheen, they don't have the sparkles that Birthday Girl. If you want a light pink that doesn't have that hot pink look, Birthday Girl is awesome.

I've only used a few colors so far- Dollipop and Love+. They stayed on my eyes for about 12 hours without coming off. They did stain my eyelids, but the next day it was fine.

Overall, I LOVE Sugarpill. I will definitely buy from them again. They are reasonably priced for the size. The loose shadows are bigger than the HIP pigments and cost the same thing. If you love bright colors, Sugarpill is amazing. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that the Cold Heart palette that I didn't get has only one color that is not in the other 2 palettes. I also wish that there was a tracking option for the site because I'm obsessed with tracking packages I've ordered, but it's not something that would stop me from ordering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...