Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hot Topic Nail Polish Review



Someone gave me this nail polish. I should have known it wouldn't be great because it's from Hot Topic. I'm not sure if it even has a brand. There is also no color name on the bottle. But I like the bright blue color.

The first time I tried it, I didn't put a base coat or a top coat on it. It went on pretty easily and dried quickly. It was matte and I actually really liked the look. It started chipping right away and just a couple days later it was completely gone.

Next time I tried it with a base coat and top coat (Sally Hansen Double Duty). It actually went on worse with the base coat- not as smooth or even. But with a few coats it evened out and looked pretty good. I put a top coat on which took away the matte finish. Still, I liked the color. It lasted a little longer than it had the previous time, but as soon as I took a shower, it started peeling off. It reminded me of the Tinkerbell Bo-Po peel off nail polish that I had as a kid. It just folded over and came right off at least half my fingers.
*Edit 1/20/11: After having my nail polish just peel off with a different brand, I have to think this is the result of the Sally Hansen Double Duty and not the Hot Topic nail polish.*
 
I really hate that this nail polish does not last because I like the color. I also have a neon green I haven't opened. If you wanted to have this on for the night only, it'd be great. They're only $2.99 on the Hot Topic site and they have things like black light polish, glitter polish and scented polish. But if you want to wear it for more than one day, it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...