Friday, December 31, 2010

Shopping Excursion in P'ville

Last night, I went shopping in Prattville. I had been planning to go to Ulta after I got off work, but it was pouring. As I drove home, I realized that it was not raining on that side of town... so I decided to drive a little further and go to Sephora instead. While I was out, I also stopped at Books-A-Million.

I spent longer in Sephora that I had really planned to. The only girl working there was doing a color match for someone, which was fine and I didn't mind waiting. I've been there. I picked up a couple other things while I was there. But it got annoying when I was standing at the counter, ready to check out, and the sales girl didn't want to come ring me up. It wasn't like I was making an insignificant purchase. No purchase at Sephora is really insignificant. But the hope of a larger purchase was there and I wonder if they get commission. Anyway, I waited while she pulled out several expensive palettes for a woman who admitted to being new to makeup. Then she just sped through my transaction like she couldn't wait to get away.

I'm not really the biggest fan of this particular Sephora anyway. It's one of the tiny ones inside JC Penny, thus doesn't carry everything a full sized store does. I found this out last time I went to get a Make Up Forever foundation that I'd heard really good things about. I asked about it after looking through the store myself and was told they didn't carry it because they weren't a full sized store. The manager told me that they had a lot of people ask for it and you'd think they would start carrying it. She then offered to order it for me. I can do that myself if I know what I need, but I needed a color match. I had to go 3 hours away to get it done.

Anyway, I went to Books-A-Million after that and picked up some clearance books and some stuff on sale.

My Haul
  • Confessions of a Concealaholic kit by Benefit. I had spent my down time at work last night watching makeup tutorials on YouTube and saw a video for this one. I had the Urban Decay stick most recently, but I don't like it much. This kit has several kinds so I can try them all to find what works best. Anyway, the video made this one look awesome.
  • The Black Pallette  by Urban Decay. This was one of my impulse buys. Apparently it is a limited Sephora exclusive and has colors that can not be found in their regular eye shadows. I really do like all the colors but got it specifically for Libertine, a black with emerald sparkles. It also comes with a mini black eye liner (which I do need and will keep in my purse) and a primer potion in matte nude (which I have not heard good things about).
  • Orgasm blush by NARS. Like I said, this Sephora kind of sucks. This was the only NARS product they had and Orgasm is such a raved about shade that it was the only shade they had. I don't wear a lot of blush and hate really pink ones so this one looked good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...