Friday, May 9, 2014

April Glossybox

Recently, I've been loving sample subscription boxes. I already get Ipsy and wanted to try out a new one. I picked Glossybox, which is $21 a month, because I wanted to try new brands. The problem with a lot of the sample boxes in the same price range as Ipsy ($10-$15 a month) is that they all have the same brands and often the same products.

I have to say, though, that Glossybox is pretty disappointing. This is actually my second box but the March box wasn't worth taking pictures of. I pretty much gave away everything. The April box is a little better but I don't love anything in it. I was also disappointed that several products are things you can get at the drugstore or places like Walmart.

I also just got the April box yesterday... a little more than a week after April was over and several days after I was billed for the May box. It made me feel a little better that quite a few people also had delayed boxes because at least I know that it wasn't just me. But, if you check out their Facebook page and read comments, it highlights that Glossybox has bad customer service. For me, the delay wasn't that big a deal and I wouldn't mind if I loved the products... but I don't. Seeing I was already billed for it, I'll have the May box but I don't think I'll keep Glossybox.

The box value is $76.50, however, so if you like the products then it's a good value.

Glossybox's packaging is really pretty and I do plan to keep the box for storage.




Ciaté Paint Pot, Aqua Spa Body Créme, LA Splash Eyeshadow Base, Bellápierre Super Gloss, Caldrea Body Wash

Bellápierre Super Gloss in Vanilla Pink
This is a nice, neutral color. I have a really hard time believing that this product retails for $24.50, though. I checked out their website and all their products are expensive. I wouldn't even consider it.



Ciaté Paint Pot in Skinny Dip

I do like this color... I just have a lot of other ones just like it. It would have been nice to try a more unique color. I am glad I get to try the brand, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...