Friday, December 7, 2012

Trying Out Pintrest: Drying nails with PAM

So, I'm totally addicted to Pintrest. I spend more time that I should looking through all the projects, recipes, and DIY things... it makes me feel more crafty than I am. (My Pintrest if you are interested.)

I found a quick dry nail trick pin that said you could use PAM cooking spray to dry your nail polish instantly. I pinned it a while ago and kind of forgot about it because I haven't worn a lot of nail polish lately. But last night, probably around 9:30, I decided that I really wanted to paint my nails. It seemed like a perfect opportunity to try one of the quick dry options I had found.


The pin that I found said to paint your nails, spray them with PAM and wipe them off. They should be dry. It seemed easy enough.

I first put on my base coat then I painted one of my hands. I sprayed my hand with PAM and wiped it off. While it seemed that some of my nails were actually dry, a few of them smudged. I repainted them and did the other hand. Then I sprayed my hand and wiped. Like the other hand, a few smudged when I wiped the PAM off with a paper towel. I fixed those nails and put on my top coat. I was thinking I'd just have to sit and wait for them to dry, but I was tired so I tried one more time. I sprayed both my hands with PAM. This time, I waited for a few minutes and then patted the PAM off my nails instead of wiping them. They didn't smudge and seemed dry so I went to bed, figuring that I'd find out if they were really dry in the morning.

When I got up this morning, they were just fine. They didn't smudge or come off during the night.


So, based on the one experience with it, I'd say this trick does work but you can't really wipe the PAM off because it may smudge a few nails. I'd suggest waiting a few minutes just to make sure it actually is dry and then gently pat the PAM off the nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...