Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lime Crime Carousel Gloss swatches

On Cyber Monday, Lime Crime released their Carousel Glosses as well as put all their other products on sale. Their site crashed due to the amount of traffic so it took me 7 hours after the release time of noon to place my order. It wasn't that big a deal, though, because Lime Crime is really good about having a lot of stock for their limited edition items. They also made sure that the sale lasted the full 24 hours after their site was back up.

I ordered all 5 of the Carousel Glosses and one of their regular lipsticks (Airborne Unicorn). I actually hadn't wanted all 5 glosses but the set was $65. The price for one gloss is $17, so the set saved $20. I'm so glad I decided on the set because the one that I didn't want (Cherry on Top) was the one that I think looks the best on me.


 Along with the card, they also included a sticker in the box. I don't know if they are going to add the sticker all the time now, but this is the first time I've received one with an order.

 The back of the card and the lipglosses in Loop-de-Loop, Cherry on Top, Golden Ticket, Kaleidoscope and Candy Apple

 The applicator is a brush. That's actually not my favorite type of lipgloss applicator, but it definitely makes the gloss easier to work with than a doe foot applicator would have. Because of the colors, it's much more important to be more precise.

 Loop-de-Loop, Cherry on Top, Golden Ticket, Kaleidoscope and Candy Apple

Loop-de-Loop and Kaleidoscope required the most work to be opaque and they needed to be... on their own they didn't look that good when they were sheerer. I didn't try them over lipstick. Golden Ticket was the easiest to make opaque for me. Cherry on Top and Candy Apple are the most wearable and I found that they looked good when they were opaque as well as a little sheerer.

They are sticky, which I expected. If you hate sticky glosses, these may not be something you'd want. They can also be a little messy so I would suggest having some cotton swabs handy to clean up around the edges. I actually ran out so I had to make due with a cotton pad which didn't work as well.

 Loop-de-Loop

 Cherry on Top

 Golden Ticket

 Kaleidoscope

 Candy Apple

 Airborne Unicorn



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...