Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Stila Stunning in Sayulita swatches

I picked up the Stila Stunning in Sayulita palette from Ulta. I have two of the previous ones and I liked them, so I thought I'd try another one. I actually really like how these are packaged because they are so small they can easily be taken anywhere with you. They are actually a little more expensive this time. The ones I bought last year were $10 and these are $14.




Starfish, Sandbar (top row), Getaway, Palm Trees (bottom row)
Playa (top blush)
Banderas Bay (bottom blush)

I do like that these palettes don't have the cream blush that they had last year. I also like that there are two options. The bottom one is supposed to be a highlight, but it seems dark enough that it could be used as a blush on someone with fair skin.

I love these things. Even though I don't always follow them, I love to know how they think every color goes together.

 Starfish, Sandbar, Getaway, Palm Trees (top to bottom, no primer)

Palm Trees, Getaway, Sandbar, Starfish

I honestly can't say that I love the colors in this. None of them seem particularly well pigmented. When swatched, three of the colors barely showed up. Palm Trees was the only one that did and it was so flakey that pieces landed in the blush.

 Playa, Banderas Bay (top to bottom)


I do like the blushes in this set. They were much easier to deal with than the eyeshadows.

Overall, it didn't impress me that much. Maybe with primer, the eyeshadows will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...