Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lime Crime Swatches

I've ordered from Lime Crime three times already. I received my most recent order in March, so I wanted to swatch the new ones along with the others I have.

My newest purchases were two of the three lipsticks from the new Pop Romance collection- Mint to Be and Coquette. As awesome as New Yolk City looked in the pictures, I just can't imagine myself wearing yellow lipstick so I skipped that one. I also got the Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper eyelid primer.

I also have Magic Dust eyeshadows in Lime Criminal and Mischief Managed and lipsticks in Great Pink Planet and Cosmopop. I believe the lipsticks had undergone reformulation since I bought these two at the end of November.

Top: Old packaging (Nov 2010) Bottom: New packaging (March 2011)
The lipstick packaging has changed slightly. The unicorn decorating the box is a bit more detailed than before.


So far, my favorite products that I have from Lime Crime are the Magic Dusts. I love green eyeshadow and these two are so amazing- alone or together. They have a sifter, which is great because I like to poke through a few of the holes in the plastic covering to try to control how much comes out. The two that I have, as well as all the others, are vegan.


 Lime Criminal and Mischief Managed
Mischief Managed and Lime Criminal (no primer under either)
(somehow I always manage to get the order mixed up when swatching)

I haven't had a chance to use the eyeshadow primer yet, so I can't talk about how well it works yet. I did hear really good things, though, so I wanted to try it myself. Just from the swatching, I can tell it's very creamy and it would be quite easy to get out more than you'd need if you aren't careful. It's got a nice color that looks like it would cover and discoloration on the eyelids. This is not listed as vegan.




Last but not least is the lipsticks. I haven't had a chance to wear Mint to Be or Coquette for more than a minute to try them on, but they went on really well and were really pigmented. So are Great Pink Planet and Cosmopop. I love the color so much in the Lime Crime lipsticks. Other places that have more unusual colors don't have the same kind of color payoff. I do feel, though, that the lipsticks are a little wiggly in the tube and I'm afraid they are going to break off. Not all of the lipsticks are vegan, but the vegan ones are clearly marked. Out of these ones, all but Great Pink Planet are vegan.

Coquette is the most wearable for everyday. It's an amazing nude color (I love nude lipsticks). I would guess that Mint to Be would be the most unusual to wear with Cosmopop being second.

 Cosmopop and Great Pink Planet

Mint to Be and Coquette

 Great Pink Planet, Cosmopop, Mint to Be and Coquette

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...